- Last Updated on Monday, 13 February 2012 04:44
- Published on Wednesday, 18 August 2010 04:07
- Hits: 13188
The 2001 Declaration of Commitment to the Pan Caribbean Partnership against HIV and AIDS (PANCAP) by the Heads of State and Governments of the Caribbean Communitry (CARICOM) Meeting in Barbados, marked the launching of PANCAP.
Since its inauguration, PANCAP has expanded to become a regional umbrella organisation that brings together national HIV programmes with international and regional organisations involved in the fight against AIDS in the Caribbean. The objectives of PANCAP are as follows;
• To provide a unified vision and direction among all partners in reducing the spread and mitigating the impact of HIV in the Caribbean;
• To coordinate the programmes and activities of the partners at the regional level, particularly with respect to the CRSF;
• To increase the flow of resources to the region;
• To act as a clearing house for information for decision-making;
• To build capacity among partners; and
• To monitor the impact of programmes in Member States and organisations.