Regional Coordinating Mechanism (RCM)
- Last Updated on Friday, 01 October 2010 00:13
- Published on Thursday, 19 August 2010 02:02
- Hits: 16368
The Chairperson (Standing Chairperson of the CARICOM Council for Human and Social Development (COHSOD));
Eight (8) representatives of Member Countries including one each from six (6) CARICOM Member States, two (2) of whom must be Members of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), and two (2) representatives of Non-CARICOM countries;
The Chairperson, Caribbean Coalition of National AIDS Programme Coordinators (CCNAPC);
The Chief Executive Officer, Caribbean Regional Network of People Living with HIVand AIDS;
One (1) representative of the UN / Multilateral Agencies;
One (1) representative - Bilateral Donor Agencies;
One (1) representative – Civil Society/NGO Sector;
One (1) representative – Regional Faith-Based Organisations;
One (1) representative – Private Sector;
One (1) representative – Regional Youth Organisations;
One (1) representative – Regional Financial Institutions;
The Director, PANCAP Coordinating Unit;
Ex officio Members:
- CARICOM Secretariat
- Caribbean Representative on the Board of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
- Conveners of Technical Working Groups
The Regional Coordinating Mechanism (RCM) functions as the Executive Board of PANCAP, with the following responsibilities:
- Provide policy guidance on the effective management and operation of PANCAP.
- Advise on the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CRSF on HIV and AIDS and other related initiatives that may emerge from time to time.
- Monitor the adherence of partners to the approved strategic priorities of PANCAP and direct the implementation of its work programme.
- Review the work plans and technical reports of core partners in relation to the implementation of the CRSF on HIV and AIDS and other initiatives approved by PANCAP.
- Approve and direct all projects to be executed under the aegis of PANCAP, including projects supported by donor and non-donor resources.
- The countries serving on the Regional Coordinating Mechanism will be rotated in alphabetical order from among each sub-group, each with tenure of no more than two years at a time.
- The first country starting in alphabetical order in each group may be allowed to serve for three years, while all others will serve for two years only. This measure is to ensure a balance between “old” and “new” country representation, thereby promoting a level of continuity among the membership.
- The Regional Coordinating Mechanism will meet bi-annually under the direction of the Standing Chairperson of the COHSOD, with the intention of developing strategies for translating the policy decisions of the General Membership of PANCAP into purposive action and for overseeing the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV and AIDS programmes and projects.
- The Regional Coordinating Mechanism will receive analytical reports, with relevant recommendations for consideration, from all designated Technical Working Groups and respond appropriately.
- The CARICOM Secretariat, in consultation with the Chairperson of the Council for Human and Social Development (COHSOD) and other partners, will determine the date, venue and agenda of the meetings of the Regional Coordinating Mechanism.
- The Coordinating Unit of PANCAP, which is located within the Directorate of Human and Social Development of the CARICOM Secretariat, will be responsible for all administrative and logistical arrangements relating to the meetings of the RCM.