Regional Alliances and Partnerships
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 21:17
- Published on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 21:17
- Hits: 2221
Regional alliances, networks and partnerships is crucial for the implementation of the project. The Consortium has evaluated a number of strong regional partners who provided advised during the planning of the project, and which will also accompany the set-up phase of the project and participate later the implementation phase.
Advisory partnerships have been established with the:
• Caribbean Coalition of National AIDS Programme Coordinators (CCNAPC) in order to facilitate communication and coordination with the National AIDS Programmes,
• The Centre for Health Economics (HEU) at the Department for Health Economics of the University of the West Indies for research and cost-efficiency studies.
• The Caribbean Vulnerable Communities (CVC).
• The Caribbean HIV/AIDS Alliance (CHAA) as regional network partners.
• The Centre for Integrated Training and Research COIN to support the best practice collection of HIV-services for the migrant population
• The Caribbean branch of Population Services International (PSI), for advice on well-established approaches to the migrant population.
• The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) took the commitment to provide technical assistance for studies, Policy drafting, training & share IEC material.
• The International Labour Organisation (ILO) will actively share information and data on their project about the informal sector.
• UNAIDS. Has indicated their willingness to support the project in the framework of a recent global agreement called "improve access to HIV services for migrants”
• GIZ. Collaboration with other GIZ projects in South and Central America for exchange of documents, ideas and experience:
• The KfW financed CARISMA project will exchange Information-Education-communication material.
• The Clinton Foundation will share documents and prevention material for HIV/AIDS in creole language from their experience with migrants in Bahamas