Selection of Pilot Countries
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 March 2012 20:00
- Published on Wednesday, 14 March 2012 20:00
- Hits: 2341
The countries that participated in the selection process were visited by the project team and the project was presented for consideration and discussion. The countries that were identified by PANCAP are:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Dominican Republic
- Sint Maarten
- Trinidad and Tobago
The Consortium considered it being of importance that the selection will be open and transparent and that the process is owned by those agents which will later bear responsibility for implementation. The following selection criteria were identified.
- Magnitude of migration
- Countries where access to services is a challenge
- Where improving access to services is a priority
- Interest & willingness of the country to participate
After a series of deliberation the PANCAP team selected the following countries as the pilot countries for the project, Antigua and Barbuda, Guyana, Sint Maarten, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago).